Every small business is different! Need to give your business a boost? Read 10 quick tips about small business.
1. You need to keep track of everything in your small business. Daily, weekly, as well as monthly activity, numbers and finances. Managing this and keeping track of the functioning of your business is essential for success and growth.
2. Just as keeping track of the activities of your business is essential for success and growth, so is creating goals and different milestones that you’ll be reaching towards. Think about where you want your business to be and set short term and long term goals for it.
3. Marketing is essential for every business, and your business is no exception. In the essence, there are two types of marketing, effective and ineffective. Make sure you spend your money on the one that is most effective for your business.
4. Operating a small business means adapting to the changes in the world around you. The current issues and different trends going on have an impact on your small business, and you need to keep track of them and adapt to them.
5. Learning how to keep your staff motivated is something that can really help your business thrive. Every business is different, and every employee is different, but together they create a whole, and you need to find out what motivates them the most.
6. Presentations are important for every business as they are a very powerful tool for getting your ideas out there. Learning how to make powerful and compelling business presentations is something that can bring great advantage to your business.
7. Think about what is best for your business. It is a very simple and straightforward tip, but if you want what’s best for your business, first you need to find out what’s best for your business. Think hard and well about this and you’ll set yourself on the road to success.
8. It is important to be a good salesmen if you are operating a small business where sales play a huge role. Improving sales is one of the things that is essential for the growth of a business and you need to focus on bettering yourself at it.
9. You are not superhuman, and you have your limitations, and so does your small business. Know what and where your limits are and you’ll be doing a lot for yourself and your business.
10. Know when it is time to rest. When you operate a small business, you can often push yourself to the limit, so knowing when to take a break is very important.
In the modern world, Social Media Marketing is a very powerful tool that can be used to bring you a great advantage. The same goes if your business is in the oil and gas industry. You can use Social Media Marketing to rise above your competitors and really make it big.
It is false to assume that Social Media platforms are not used by serious people, because you can actually find a great deal of your customers there. Big companies use these platforms all the time to give their brand a boost, to give their customers more relevant information, and to do other business related things.
As for an gas and oil company, reading on some tips about how to approach Social Media platforms is very important, because in that way you will be able to reach more people and really do your brand well.
First of all, it is important to plan ahead. Being organized and actually having a schedule matters a lot. Setting aside certain days of the week to keep in touch with your customers and to share info is important because in that way you will create consistency.
Remember that Social Media is a place where a lot of people gather, and there is going to be some negative feedback no matter how well you are doing. Be prepared for that and let it go, don’t linger on the negative stuff.
Staying active and contributing is very important because people will stay interested. If you go a while without posting anything relevant, or even posting anything at all, people will lose interest, and in the end, it’s your loss.
As we said before, keeping it consistent is important. By being consistent, you create a trusting relationship with your customers, and that is essential if you want to make it big with your oil and gas business.
Which Social Media Platforms Should You Use for Your Oil and Gas Business
For your specific market, being oil and gas, there are three major platforms where you should think about going first.
LinkedIn is one of the best Social Media platforms for this branch of business. This should be your first choice of expansion.
Twitter should be your second choice. It’s a really good platform to measure market trends, so it could do your business well.
And finally, Facebook seems to be the obvious choice. It’s one of the most popular Social Media platforms in the world, there are a lot of people there, and it is a great way of keeping people posted on what you’re doing.
An Internet marketing business is something that can bring you great rewards. But, if you are on a tight budget, and you’re planning on starting an Internet marketing business, you may have some doubts. Despair not, because you can successfully start an Internet marketing business even if you are on a tight budget. Here’s how.
Primarily, you will need a solid business plan. When creating the business plan, you’ll need to determine the exact way that your company will be making money with. That means that you need to determine what you will be selling. When you know that, you’ll be able to decide on the best ways in which you can invest your money, and being that you’re on a tight budget already, that money mustn’t go to waste.
Master in one field
Internet marketing is a big field, and the last thing you should be doing when starting out is overextending yourself. There are many ways of successfully marketing, but at the beginning, you should just stick to one and become a master in that one field of marketing.
Know the market you’ll be marketing
It is also important that you know the market you’ll be marketing to well. This step comes after deciding what your business will be selling. Knowing your target market is essential for your Internet marketing business. One of the big benefits you’ll be gaining with this is knowing how to place your products or services directly in front of the people that want those products or services. For example, think about this. If you decide that your target audience is of a younger demographic, you may think about marketing for social media and mobile devices more, because younger people tend to use those things more. That is important if you are on a tight budget because you don’t want to be wasting money marketing to an audience that doesn’t want your products or services.
These are all important steps that you will need to follow if you want to start a successful Internet marketing business, especially if you are on a tight budget, because in that case the last thing you want to be doing is wasting money on things that won’t bring you any profit. Stick to these general rules and in time you’ll see money start rolling in.
Local SEO is becoming one of the most important components of every business and brand that wants long term success through a Search Engine. Here we will explain what the meaning of local SEO is and how you can use it to attract customers.
What Is Local SEO?
Local SEO has significantly grown in the last few years, partially thanks to the growth of smartphone usage. Although there are a lot of similarities with basic SEO, in the end it’s actually quite different.
It is focused on giving results that are relevant to the Search Engine based on the current location. If you would, let’s say, search for “10 best restaurants”, Google would give you results that are closest to you (for example if you search from Houston, you will get Houston restaurants). You can get the same results by searching on your phone.
Google has said that 95% of mobile phone users search for local information on their devices. To make sure Google and other Search Engines are giving the most relevant information, the results based on location are going to become more and more popular in the future. What can you do to optimize your website for local searches?
Here are a few tips that can help you in making your page local-friendly.
1. Google Places for Business
This is the first thing you should create. Open your Google Places for Business account, and make sure you fill out all the right information. The whole profile should be complete. This will allow Google to better sort you in the searches.
2. Google+ Local
You should connect your Google Places profile with your Google+ Local page. This is more focused on social interaction. You can put various info on there and it will help you interact with your audience.
When you are opening your Google+ Local account, make sure you do the following:
- Optimize the information about your company with keywords. The heading of the page should have the name of the brand, the keyword you are going for and the location.
- Associate your business branch with the right category.
- Add your address in a format that is consistent to any other place where you mention your address, phone number, or your name. It is one of the key factors in Local SEO ranking.
- Encourage visitors to leave comments and reviews. Reviews are probably the strongest Local SEO factor, and are often compared to links in standard SEO.
- Make a list of all the physical locations of your company. This will allow visitors to get the right information about your closest outpost.
On-page Local SEO
When you are optimizing your website for local searches, it is important to leave your address on the page. The heading should have the name of the brand, the keyword you are aiming at, and your location. You should also think about this when doing the meta description of the page. Putting a map in your contact page can improve your rank, because it illustrates where your business is located. Use structured data markup embedded in your website to specify your address, brand name, working hours, and phone numbers.
In the modern world, marketing has become huge. There are many different ways of marketing yourself, as a business. But, actually landing on one and deciding which marketing strategy to use can be a pretty difficult task. Especially if you are a smaller business with limited resources. If you opt for traditional marketing, you will see that it can be very expensive, and if you go for social media and the Internet, although it is usually free, or at least doesn’t cost that much, you’ll see that it is very time consuming, and not easy at all.
You as a small business owner need to decide which marketing strategy is best for your business. It may be one of the following.
5 Internet Marketing Strategies to Add to Your Small Business
1. As a small business, blogging is actually one of the best marketing strategies to use. It is very leisurely and gives your clients a very relaxed feel, while feeding them information and content. It is a quick way of establishing yourself on the market and gaining the trust of your clients. Blogging is also a great way to positively affect your SEO. You need to post fresh content regularly, and you’ll skyrocket on the Search Engines. It’s also an awesome way of getting more traffic. Basically, blogging is one of the best things you can do for your small business marketing plan.
2. Never neglect social media, as it is really important for the marketing of your small business. When marketing on social media, it can be very often time consuming and a bit overwhelming, so make sure you focus on only one social media platform, or otherwise, you won’t be able to manage all the different sides of marketing.
3. This one relates to the previous point. You should create a business page on Facebook and start advertising on that platform. Millions, even billions of people are on Facebook, and you’re missing out greatly if you don’t market there. You can reach a huge audience through Facebook advertisement, so make sure you focus on that too.
4. Image sharing platforms like Pinterest and Instagram can also be great for your business. Especially if you are in a business where looks matter a lot. If you have a fashion business, or a food business, or anything that is highly visual, you will benefit greatly from marketing on these platforms.
5. Press releases matter and you shouldn’t forget about them. They can greatly help smaller business make their content seen and gain great exposure. By using press releases, you will get your content across many different clients and potential clients, and that is something you definitely want. Also, press releases through wire service don’t cost a lot at all, and they will benefit you greatly. So why not use them? You should try using every advantage you can. The competition is mighty, and you need to do everything you can to stand out from the crowd.
Over the weekend…I met an immigration attorney in Sugarland. It’s South Houston area for those not familiar with Houston. This person is an amazing human being but she said something that stung me the wrong way.
She said, “Our website isn’t doing well because our clientele are almost solely non-English speaking (Spanish Speaking) masses. And they don’t usually go online to find attorneys like we Americans. They all simply work by referrals.”
This is Adam Gheli, a small cog in a big wheel that is Houston Websites. I’ve done away with getting others to write blogs for Houston Websites; not because they weren’t good at what they did, but their work will never have my voice or passion.
The point I want to bring to your attention is that your website content should be visitor or target audience focused. Make them your top priority and all other good things will follow. The other day, one of our long time clients and a good friend (She-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named) asked how she would write a thoroughly optimized copy for the search engines. I told her, the same thing I’ll tell you all….
Who Do You Think of When You Want to Design a Website?
A web designer of course, someone who would design the site for you professionally! Have you ever wondered why this is the first thing that comes to your mind? Simple! It’s because you know that web designers are professionals who spend their life doing just that, and they are the experts who can give proper shape to your ideas!